Turning 70 Blessings
I have to use this space for a little reflecting and praising because, well, 70, is a lot!!! Here’s my top ten blessings on turning 70!
1. I had an amazing upbringing with parents who parented with an ease that escapes many today. They loved us unconditionally, expected us to behave and treat others kindly, and loved and respected each other.
2. My five siblings remain close to this day. It’s not often that family chooses to live close to each other, but we did. They have been the best friends!
3. The 60’s and 70’s were a little scary to raise kids, but God put good friends in my path who had fun, but were not too crazy.
4. I married an amazing man who, seriously, never complains about anything, like me asking him to drive 30 hours for a grandkid event. He’s the hardest worker, loves me (no, adores me), and takes such good care of me.
5. I’ve been a part of the same church family for over 50 years. They have supported me through births, deaths, super fun high moments and super challenging, hard moments.
6. There aren’t enough words to give thanks for my three AMAZING children. Fifty years of getting to be their mom has been the greatest gift!!
7. Grandkids!!! Oh my! I hit the jackpot! I love them so much and am so proud of the young adults they are!!
8. Great-grands!! Again, no words!! Thank you, grandkids, for providing these new littles for me to hug and snuggle.
9. I was a super shy kid with big dreams. I wasn’t sure how I would do what I dreamed about because I was so shy, but God is never stopped by something as silly as being shy. God, through so many good people, stretched and pushed me out of my comfort zone, so I could do more than I could ever imagine. So thankful for teachers, peers, and church leaders who encouraged me to be more.
10. I was baptized on my birthday when I was 13. From that moment, I have felt the hand of God on my life. Certainly not because of anything I have done, but because of how He always went before me to lead, guide, direct, and instruct. Thank you God. Hugs, 2 mama